Sunday, December 12, 2010

Blizzard Biscotti

I was craving something chocolatey, but didn't have much in the house due to a lovely, cold & windy blizzard.

2 C dried cranberries, sweetened (just cane sugar)
1/4 C palm shortening
2 eggs
1 C potato starch (not flour)
1/4 C cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt

I blended the ingredients in that order in my food processor. It is a goopy, thick mess, that tastes a lot like frosting. Or like the filling between layers on a fancy cake.

I poured it out and mushed it down with my hands onto parchment paper on a cookie sheet. 350*F for 20-30 minutes. Allow to cool BEFORE slicing. Arrange slices on the parchment paper and bake again for another 30 or so minutes.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Mindfully Meandering - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords