Friday, December 17, 2010

Grain-free mocha brownie

Breakfast of champions. And 3rd trimester pregnant ladies, apparently. No apologies here, though. It was immensely delicious.

3 Tbsp ground flax seed
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
2 egg whites (or one full egg, I just had leftover whites from making eggnog)
1 Tbsp honey
1.5 Tbsp oil
1 tsp instant (organic & water-process decaf) coffee
1/4 tsp baking soda
pinch salt

Mix everything together (dissolving the the instant coffee in the oil and/or egg whites would be a good idea...)

I have a little pyrex 5.5x7.5in dish that is perfect for a personal sized brownie. Just pour it in the dish and microwave for 2 minutes.

It was a bit dry, so I topped it with chocolate frosting (a dollop of palm shortening + dollop of honey + scoop of cocoa powder and drizzle of alcohol-free vanilla extract).

Heaven.

2 comments:

  1. I guess I got my energy bump at the beginning of the 3rd trimester. I think I'm starting to feel nesty. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Mindfully Meandering - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords