Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Homeschooling, Day 2

Kids are currently grating laundry soap & making laundry powder. Together, without fighting, without my direct supervision or assistance. (I mean, I set them up, but now it's *their* project.)

Just today, we've also:

Played dress up and pretend Halloween.

Went grocery shopping, with Lily in charge of checking things off the list. Listened to Winnie the Pooh books on CD on the way there and back.

Done a quick survey of the changing weather and already found our first fallen leaves and pinecones. Which were promptly painted. Which then led into painting on paper... "My hands are FILTHY, but it was WORTH it, because this picture is SO GORGEOUS."

Built barns out of blocks, made elaborate jewelry out of pop beads, made houses for quarters out of puzzle pieces...

All that and dinner is simmering on the stove.

On my end, I've taken a hives-relieving bath (going on two weeks now, arg!), got a week's worth of grocery's purchased & put away, cleaned the entire kitchen, took a LLL helping call, caught up with a friend, did a load of laundry...

Sometimes you have to sit down and take stock of your day. Here I was feeling all lazy and unmotivated... just had to realize I'm not beholden to any schedule, and I don't need to be in a constant frenzy of "busyness" to be productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Mindfully Meandering - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords