Friday, September 24, 2010

Welcome Fall!

We have been busily enjoying the last days of summer as we transition into true autumn. Bike rides, kite flying, baking, apple sauce making... I foresee a trip to an apple orchard here soon, and a pumpkin patch not too long after that!

Aevryn has figured out her big bike to her complete and total comfort and has been riding laps around "the loop" on our cul-de-sac. Today she fell off for the first time, but immediately jumped right back on and kept going. She really loves her bike.

She also started gymnastics at the Y with her cousin last week. Her energy level is usually quite high, mixed with a desire to flip and jump. We thought gymnastics would be a great fit for her.

Lily is nose deep in a book at nearly all times. I'm starting to hear her use expressions and turns of phrases that are not necessarily common in our house. It's wonderful to hear how she chooses to express herself when she has the entire English language at her disposal.

She has started her pre-ballet with tap class. I have never seen this girl so serious about anything in her life. It's astounding to watch her maintain a lazer-sharp focus for an hour. Then she comes home and practices for another hour or more.

I've been focusing on yoga a few mornings a week, for the sake of my hips, back and shoulders. Pregnancy really wrecks havoc on my body.

I'm also starting to gear up for the holiday extravaganza. Plotting & planning & acquiring supplies. I'm pleased that I have a trip-of-necessity to the fabulous out-of-town yarn store to look forward to soon.

Dave is hard at work on his own new project. So everyone is contently busy, as we start to feel the pull inside, more and more.

I'm getting the nest-y feelings early, and I've really been wanting to put up a lot of food. Soups, sauces, and spices are all finding their way into my rotation here. I've got this feeling that we're in for a doozy of a winter. Or it could just be that I'm expecting a baby in late February or early March. Either way, I'm going to make sure I'm prepared!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Mindfully Meandering - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords