Saturday, June 5, 2010

Cauliflower "Potatoes"

I tried this one day on a whim. I pretty much squealed with glee when I tasted it and it was nearly identical to mashed potatoes. At least, my memory of mashed potatoes...

1 head of cauliflower
1/4 C milk/sub/left over cauliflower water
a few tablespoons of oil
sea salt

Cut up the cauliflower and boil it until soft.

Buzz in food processor with milk, oil & salt.

Occasionally I will put cumin and/or onion powder. If you use coconut, it's very curry-like.

I've also heard that cut up boiled cauliflower can be used as a substitute in potato salad. I hope to try it soon. In sum, cauliflower is versatile and delish. A fabulous potato sub.

1 comment:

  1. Got a chance to try this today and it got major thumbs up all around the table! I'll definitely keep this recipe :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Mindfully Meandering - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords